I am delighted that my first instructional DVD set has now been released by Teaching Art Ltd, the video production arm of the Society for All Artists. This double DVD set can be ordered directly from me at a special price of £25 (including first class postage in the UK).
Designed for both beginners and improvers, the two DVDs total 160 minutes of tips and tricks aimed at removing the “fear” of drawing and to help you build confidence in your abilities.
To whet your appetite, the trailer is here. Just click on the YouTube logo
DVD 1 is full of practical advice and techniques including:
- Learning good, simple drawing habits
- Developing your observational skills
- Identifying the simple shapes that are the building blocks of all things
- The range of marks you can make with a graphite pencil
- Seeing light and dark values
- Improving the accuracy of your drawings – plus perspective de-mystified
- Hints and tips for good composition
DVD 2 follows me as I complete two drawings on location in Lincolnshire (a landscape and a portrait) – with my full commentary that brings together all the techniques explained on the first disk.
“Drawing is not rocket science! But, it can be a challenge if you don’t think you have the talent. The simple truth is – it’s not very much about ‘talent’ at all. If you can write your name, drive a car or follow a recipe – YOU can learn to draw.”
Professionally filmed in HD, this set contains 160 minutes of instruction, advice and practical demonstrations on 2 disks. It is fully illustrated throughout with my drawings and sketches – and shot from multiple viewpoints giving excellent views of the subject, the artist’s point of view and the actual drawings themselves.
“It goes without saying that I’m really pleased with this project. I sincerely believe that, if you follow the various steps and no-nonsense advice that I give you, your skills will improve and you’ll be so much more satisfied with the results of your drawing and sketching. We are already considering a follow-up “projects” DVD with additional “step by step” projects for you to work along with. Watch this space!”
There are two ways to order the DVD set from me.
1. If you have a PayPal account, simply use the PayPal “Add to Cart” button below. The cost of £25 includes first class postage in the UK. If you are outside the UK, please get in touch for a quote for the cost of packing and postage to your specific location.